Maiden voyage on a new silver smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Central NY
I picked up a new in the box Silver smoker off Craig's list last weekend for 90 bucks and got it seasoned last night. Got a late start but it's loaded up with ribs and smokin away.
381352524.jpg

3 racks trimmed st. Louis style:

381352537.jpg

About an hour in I added a cheap spiral cut ham for sammie meat.
381352546.jpg

So far so good, temps are holding steady but there's a wild swing from side to side...I'll have to make some tuning plates when I get a chance. getting a nice TBS with apple and a touch of hickory.

Congrats on the great deal - great looking smoke going

Added some taters and some of the rib trimmings
381353502.jpg

Dang out of room already, I think I need to build a second rack above the factory one, I still have almonds, salt and more trimmings to put on :(

Man oh Man there Dan you got a real deal there. That thing looks brand new the wiood isn't even dirty yet. But I bet you like the size so now you can fit alot of meat on that thing for sure.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

LOL Mark it was so new I had to assemble it
icon_wink.gif

it's working pretty good, I just pulled the ham.... Hmmm good

Div is in chat waiting for his delivery pizza from Domino's {Poor Guy}and wanted to see the ham, it was a precooked shank that was on sale today, I just gave it a couple hours of smoke it improve on the flavor.
381358284.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky