Magic Erasers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brickguy221

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 27, 2015
Oklahoma City
I read somewhere in this forum the other day about some people using Magic Erasers to clean the window in the door of their MES. I hadn't heard about them and asked what they were and received replys.

Anyhow, I looked at my grocery store this morning and saw some. Now, the problem here ... I assumed there was "one" Magic Eraser, but found the store had "FOUR" different types of Mr Clean Magic Erasers, so my question is ... those of you whom uses these things, which one do you buy? I bought the one that said "Kitchen & Dish Scrubber" with a picture on the back of box of baked on whatever on a metal pan. It was the more expensive ($2.69 ... 2 in a box) of the 4 types on the shelf.

I just did a smoke on my mes 40 glass. Magic eraser took it off like it was nothing ! Unbelievable!

I read somewhere in this forum the other day about some people using Magic Erasers to clean the window in the door of their MES. I hadn't heard about them and asked what they were and received replys.

Anyhow, I looked at my grocery store this morning and saw some. Now, the problem here ... I assumed there was "one" Magic Eraser, but found the store had "FOUR" different types of Mr Clean Magic Erasers, so my question is ... those of you whom uses these things, which one do you buy? I bought the one that said "Kitchen & Dish Scrubber" with a picture on the back of box of baked on whatever on a metal pan. It was the more expensive ($2.69 ... 2 in a box) of the 4 types on the shelf.
That's a good question, and I'm waiting for the answer too.

popcorn.gif

Bear

I use the one that says "DUO" on the box. You can get a 4-pack at Target. No idea on the cost as the Mrs. is the queen of Target shopping. This one cleans the glass on my MES 40 like brand new with minimal effort. It can handle all the metal surfaces too, if desired. It does not leave any scratches.

That's a good question, and I'm waiting for the answer too.

popcorn.gif

Bear
Bear, my Son in CA  bought a 40" Bluetooth at Sams a little over a week ago. He bought the cheapest Magic Erasers that come 4 in a box I "think" he said. He said they worked really great and even cleaned his wife's oven which hadn't been cleaned for a while. I think those 4 in a box were $1.97 at our grocery store. Anyhow, I will buy the cheaper ones next time and report how well they worked. 

I use the one that says "DUO" on the box. You can get a 4-pack at Target. No idea on the cost as the Mrs. is the queen of Target shopping. This one cleans the glass on my MES 40 like brand new with minimal effort. It can handle all the metal surfaces too, if desired. It does not leave any scratches.
Thanks Joe!!

Bear

Bear, my Son in CA  bought a 40" Bluetooth at Sams a little over a week ago. He bought the cheapest Magic Erasers that come 4 in a box I "think" he said. He said they worked really great and even cleaned his wife's oven which hadn't been cleaned for a while. I think those 4 in a box were $1.97 at our grocery store. Anyhow, I will buy the cheaper ones next time and report how well they worked. 
Thank You!

I've been cleaning mine a few different ways for 5 years, but I've read about these Magic Erasers for the last year or two. Waiting to hear the answer to your question got me more interested.

I gotta try this, once I get mine going again (Hopefully Soon).

Bear

You get 2 large ones in a box at the dollar tree you can cut to size. $1

-Kurt

I was at my store today to buy some groceries and checked the prcie of the Magic Erasers. The cheaper ones are $1.97 for 2 in a box and not for 4 in a box as I previously said I "thought" they were. $1.00 for one at Home Depot. These are the cheaper ones both at my store and Home Depot.

To me they're well worth the price. It was a pain in the ass to clean before. I'd heat it up and try to clean with a wet rag , but ended up just smearing it around.

My understanding is also that these contain no chemicals.  The cleaning action is by the makeup of the foam.

They sure work well on shower doors?

Also, a quick google can save you some bucks if you buy in volume from the web.  Lots of generics out there.

Good luck and good smoking.

Last edited:

I've used both the kitchen scrubbers and the bathroom ones as well as the original and extra power. I bet the regular or extra power would do the trick. I'm not sure if the ME will scratch glass because it basically works by cleaning with friction. Still, what I recommend is buying the store brand version (if any of your local supermarkets or other stores carry them) because they're cheaper. If you look at the box and it says "Made in Germany" then that's the real stuff since that's where the ME was invented and is still made. I think Mr. Clean has licensed the product to sell under its own brand name. Costco has also carried the variety tub.

I use ones from the dollar store, work just as good. I don't have glass but use them to clean the inside.

Used my walmart eraser tonight on the window of mt 40" MES. I had done one 13 hour smoke and one 4. Hour smoke since cleaning. The eraser did a better job than the terry cloth wash cloth I had been using. However, it disentigrated quite rapidly. I don't know if I can get a second cleaning from it or not.

But I did learn something. After I cleaned the window last time, I sprayed the bottom half with canola oil spray. I didn't notice any difference in how fast the window got dirty, no I kind of forgot about it. But when I went to clean it, there was a great difference! The bottom half took less than half as much scrubbing as the top half.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky