Made some Venison jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dew

Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Muskegon, MI
I made up a small batch of Venison jerky last week. Wow did it turn out good!!! I used Hi Mountain mandarin teryaki seasoning. I smoked it for about 2 hrs. My wife and my son couldn't stop eating it. Before it had a chance to cool down it was all gone already. I can't wait to make another batch. I used to make it in a dehydrator every year and that always turns out good but this was WAY better.

dew

most of hi mtn jerky seasonings are good i like the original flavor and the cracked pepper and garlic they are all good i like all there products the buckboard bacon is great stuff and all there stuff is idiot proof its hard to mess it up great job on the jerky

Thanks guys. I got another batch curing in the fridge right now. Gonna fire it up tomorrow. I used apple wood chips last time I think I'll stick with them again this time too.

Sounds great Dew! If you get the chance, take some pictures for us.
icon_mrgreen.gif

I cut it about 3/8 of an inch thick in strips about 2" long and a half inch wide. I'd like to try something a little more spicy next time though.

For a little more spice, try sprinkling it with coarse ground black pepper before you start drying your jerky.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky