Made some Venison jerky

Discussion in 'Wild Game' started by dew, Dec 11, 2007.

1. dew

dew Newbie

I made up a small batch of Venison jerky last week. Wow did it turn out good!!! I used Hi Mountain mandarin teryaki seasoning. I smoked it for about 2 hrs. My wife and my son couldn't stop eating it. Before it had a chance to cool down it was all gone already. I can't wait to make another batch. I used to make it in a dehydrator every year and that always turns out good but this was WAY better.

2. gramason

gramason Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Nice job, glad it turned out good.

3. salmonclubber

salmonclubber Master of the Pit OTBS Member

dew

most of hi mtn jerky seasonings are good i like the original flavor and the cracked pepper and garlic they are all good i like all there products the buckboard bacon is great stuff and all there stuff is idiot proof its hard to mess it up great job on the jerky

4. dew

dew Newbie

Thanks guys. I got another batch curing in the fridge right now. Gonna fire it up tomorrow. I used apple wood chips last time I think I'll stick with them again this time too.

5. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Sounds great Dew! If you get the chance, take some pictures for us.[​IMG]

6. oleolson

oleolson Meat Mopper

Did ya slice the jerky? I'm gonna do a 15 lb batch up next week. I bought the Cracked Pepper and Garlic and the Bourbon BBQ.

7. dew

dew Newbie

I cut it about 3/8 of an inch thick in strips about 2" long and a half inch wide. I'd like to try something a little more spicy next time though.

8. goat

goat Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

For a little more spice, try sprinkling it with coarse ground black pepper before you start drying your jerky.