• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Made It To KY

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
But today is a very sad time. We had to put our baby put to sleep this morning. She was a 10 year old imperial shih tzu and was 0nly 8 pounds. She had heart and liver failure on the way here. Our souls are hurting 😭😭😭

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
So Sorry for your loss. That is a sad start to a new place. Dogs make us better people and love unconditionally. Sending prayers and thoughts.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Glad you made it safe. But hate to hear about the furbaby.
Jim

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Glad to hear you made it to your new digs!
Last week we had to have the little Bichon mix put down, so I can sympathize.
She was 13, blind and couldn't hold her "functions" anymore. Took us a while to decide, but it was time. The vet agreed.
We still have a Shih Tzu.
Settle in!

Last edited:

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
This is heartbreaking to hear this news... I am so sorry for your loss... but happy you made it to KY!

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Thats tough . Hang in there .

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
Dang Rick. Sorry to hear that the new page in life involves the loss of a loved one.

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Condolences to all that loved her....it is never easy losing a pet.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Man, that really sucks...we just went through it as well.
What a bummer, sorry to hear this new.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
But today is a very sad time. We had to put our baby put to sleep this morning. She was a 10 year old imperial shih tzu and was 0nly 8 pounds. She had heart and liver failure on the way here. Our souls are hurting 😭😭😭
So sorry for your loss. We had a shih tzu Lucy who make it to 13 years old. Kept her going with meds for heart issues for about a year before she gave up. Was tough for sure.

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2018
We had Molly. She was our Shih Tzu and baby for 12 years and THAT day was tough, I know and understand your pain. They say that time heals all wounds, but I disagree. I believe that time makes all wounds more tolerable...

Our dogs are our 4-legged, fur covered children and I am truly sorry for your loss...

Until you've loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. - Anatole France (paraphrased)

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Our souls are hurting 😭😭😭
Very sorry to hear this. It is never easy to do . It is a loss to the family when this happens. I know you will have fond and happy memories. But the hurt will be awhile , sorry to say.
Very sorry for your loss

My little Gabby was 16 ( my avatar )we had to let her go , congestive heart disease, meds for almost a year. It's been 2 years now and still miss her every day

David

adam15

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 21, 2016
So sorry for your loss. We had a 12 year old pug that was his time and it was incredibly hard. Sending prayers

Colin1230

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Oh man that hurts, Big Time!!! Sorry to hear that Rick. Glad you made it ok, but it still sucks. Time heals all, this will be no different. But still, I feel for ya man!

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Rick glad to hear that your up there and sorry to hear about your dog that sucks.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Glad you made it safely and very sorry to hear the news of your loss! I know it hurts, just goes to show how good of a friend they were. Hang in there!

Ryan

checkdude

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2016
So sorry for your loss. I can relate after going through the same more then once before. As hard as it is I have found --- look for new buddy. There is another looking for love you can make a connection with. A have. Good luck!

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. And it's good to hear you made it to your new home.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.