Lumpy the Wood Chunk Burner,reverse flow build!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Made up some legs, so Lumpy is officially a table top smoker. He was wining, but I painted him up today--he's much happier now!!

Tomorrow, maybe a couple of beer can chickens:-)

thanks Cbucher,

Here are some pics of Sweet pepper ABT's while curing the new paint!

There are 2 beer can chickens on right now--have to pull them, then I will post the pics:-)

Chickens are resting, I will slice, take pic, then eat!!!!!! and----then I will post the pic of the carvings!!!

Yes cbucher, its small and it uses very little fuel! Here is the pic of the carvings as promised--I could have done better for presentation pics---BUT I WAS HUNGRY!!!! Very juicy, nice mild hint of cherry/maple, and addictive!!!!

that's exactly what i was looking for. thanks.

where can i find a thermometer to put in and leave in meat that's not digital? i haven't had good luck with remote digitals and i think the other kind would be more dependable.

Birds and ABT's look great Steve! Than lil mighty mofo looks like it works pretty well. Alot of us are so envious of your skills and your drive/dedication to woodburners!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Did a quick burn today, used just wood, no lump or charcoal. I did light it with a torch, I am considering putting in a log lighter system.

Just did grilling temps, got a roaring fire, let it burn down a bit, then grilled some venison steaks:-)

Nice job on the new smoker. I like the 1 leg idea. From your pics it looks like the rain has stopped because I see some unusually bright light and shadows in the background. Have fun Steve and thanks for the good work.

Thanks Dick, yes hit the lake today---finally, Good Weather!!!!

to BCfishman, your killen me, what was the question?? LOL

Anyway, I am going to post some videos! Yes, I tested it in the test threads, etc. Please keep in mind that this is high heat grilling videos and that Lumpy is really a smoker but loves to do grilling too---there are no flare ups because of the reverse flow baffle. I will do some smoking videos too in the future:-)

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh303/sveayo/?action=view&current=MVI_5258.flv

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/...hunk Burner/?action=view&current=MVI_5259.flv

Simply amazing! That amount of skill, ingenuity, and love of smoke all combining in one man! The fab work almost makes me drool as much as the Q.

Mark

Thanks Mark:-) It means a lot:-) I will keep trying to improve because there is always plenty of room for that!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky