Looks like Woodcutter will make it to 50.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 2, 2012
Marathon Wisconsin
I'm an vacation and my 50th birthday is tomorrow so a whole brisket went in the smoker tonight. I'm using Fortheluvofsmoke's Wet/Dry chamber method. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/141647/brisket-with-wet-to-dry-smoke-chamber-q-view-method.

Trimmed it.

I'm going to make summer sausage soon.

I rubbed it down generously with Bilbo's rub. It is in the smoker at 225 with a 1 1/2 quarts of water in the water pan. I'm smoking with black cherry hunks in my chip pan and apple pellets in the AMNPS lit on one end so the brisket will have smoke all night.

Happy Birthday! 50 is not all that bad...JJ

Happy Birthday , Woodcutter , and I'm gonna hang to see the finish . . .
Coffee.gif

Happy Birthday Todd!!!

Have an Awesome Day!!!

Wow!!!  You're even older than my Son!!!
eek.gif

Bear

Happy Birthday WC!  There was a time when I thought 50 was old...but now that I'm on the back side of 50 myself, it really doesn't seem so old after all...

Red

Last edited:
Cake.gif

Happy Birthday, Todd. Fifty is young. I have shirts older than that.

Enjoy your birthday, your vacation and this great looking smoke! I am looking forward to the finished product.

Disco

Happy Birthday Todd,  Looking good !!

Gary

I pulled the brisket at 19.5 hours at 200 IT. As an afterthought I wanted to make some burnt ends. I separated the point from the flat but the whole brisket was just like butter. My wife thought it was so good the way it was that we just foiled both pieces and put it in the cooler for a long rest. I wish I would have thought of burnt ends sooner in the day. Here is the final picture just coming out of the smoker.

Last edited:
Reactions: aceoky

I pulled the brisket at 19.5 hours at 200 IT. As an afterthought I wanted to make some burnt ends. I separated the point from the flat but the whole brisket was just like butter. My wife thought it was so good the way it was that we just foiled both pieces and put it in the cooler for a long rest. I wish I would have thought of burnt ends sooner in the day. Here is the final picture just coming out of the smoker.

Well I can't load any of the pictures. Error after error? I'll try later.
It takes longer to get stuff done when you get that old.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky