Looking to buy an electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm looking to buy an electric unit.  I have found temperature control to be a bigger issue on my charcoal smoker as well as limited to time to monitor the unit.

I'm looking for recommendations.

I did the shift (or expansion) recently from charcoal and wood to electric and went with the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker (MES)Blue Tooth gen 2.5. Me, my family, friends, neighbors, AND coworkers are extremely happy with it. Depending on your financial situation and amount you cook I recommend spending the extra 100 dollars for the bigger 40". . . Hence my neighbors and coworkers enjoyment!

I've owned a Masterbuilt 30" electric digital smoker for over 3 years. I only use wood pellets in the A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoker which was designed for the Generation 1 model. Very happy with my setup.I'll  put the "Q" that comes out of my smoker up against any chain BBQ restaurant and I bet mine comes out on top.

Just to keep your options up to date look at Smokin-it smokers. All stainless steel inside and out with a decent following on this forum. Like most purchases budget, reliability, warranty and ease of use are important factors.

I would def listen to these guy's. I bought a mes40 couple of monthes ago and i didnt get the amazen tube. I will be ordering it on monday. The chip tray is way to small they burn up in 20-30 mins. Ive been putting small chunks in the ash pan but that usally only buys you an hour. Other than that awesome product. Good luck!!

Congrats and enjoy.  When I had my electric I found out that the hickory can be a lot stronger than when using with charcoal.  I would go light with hickory and add apple.  Apply wood about every 30-40 min for no more than 2 1/2 hrs or they will be too tasting.

Good Luck

Just to keep your options up to date look at Smokin-it smokers. All stainless steel inside and out with a decent following on this forum. Like most purchases budget, reliability, warranty and ease of use are important factors.
Just bought the model 2D, it arrived today.  Very impressed with the build quality and I can't wait to get started smoking with it.

I am really enjoying my MES.  My daughter graduated from high school and we had a family barbeque for her.  Smoked pork burgers with sausages on the grill with tater salad.  I think i may have "sold" one MES as one family member very impressed.

I've done both pork and beef ribs, burgers, brisket and pork chops.

Congratulations to your daughter on the graduation,

and to you on the new smoker.

May you have many tasty and happy smokes with it

and your family.

Ed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky