Looking forward to the BEST of the BEST thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dudebrodude73

Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
I've been a member for years and don't post too much but am a very frequent lurker and always on. I wanted to get a consensus on what to get next since I've been utterly frustrated with my iDevices igrill2 and about ready to chuck it. I thought that maybe because they were bought by Weber, things would get better, but not the case and I've grown impatient. I'm now looking to bite the bullet and get something that is a true keeper but under $500. I currently use a WSM 22.5 (which IMO is the best pound for pound smoker you can buy) and need a therm with 4 probes, wireless wifi capable and temp control fans. I was really considering the Flame Boss 200 but it seems I'm only limited to 2 probes. I've also looked into CyberQ but getting mixed feelings and reviews. I am ok with basic tech to start up, but I don't want to have to mess with the tech every time I cook.
Any suggestions that I might be missing? Would love to hear everyone $.02

Last edited:
I love my Tappecue.  At $200 (I think they may even have the original version on sale for $160 now), you get 4 probes with wifi capability.  It does not have any temp control functions, so it doesn't meet all your wants / needs.  I absolutely love mine for monitoring temps while I'm running errands, golfing, etc.  I've called the girlfriend a few times to have her make minor temp adjustments while I was on the golf course.

Lance

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky