• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

looking for tips about sausage making

decepticron

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 16, 2008
Hi, I live in the coastal mountain range of southern british columbia. I am a butcher and a hunter so i spend a lot of my fall smoking meat and fish that I shoot/catch. I make lots of deer and bear jerky and smoked salmon as well as the odd set of beef ribs. From the forums i have read so far (i've only read a couple) I see that there is a wide variety of users on this site. I do a lot of game cutting and many people want peperoni and things like garlic coil or smokies prepared for them. Currently I do not provide this service because i don't know enough about curing sausage properly and the steaming methods although i do know quite a bit about fresh sausage. If anyone can help me find good instructions on smoked sausage methods it would help me greatly.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 2, 2007
There are a lot of great sausage makers here...bet they would be glad to answer any questions.
Also welcome to the forum.

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 19, 2008
Welcome! And I'll second rich's suggestion about Rytek's book. It is one of the finest available. To do sausage commercially will involve a bit of work and expense, but can be done. Don't know what rules and regulations you have to abide by where you live, might wan't to check into that as well. It is a very enjoyable area of smoking meats I think!

kookie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 27, 2007
Welcome to the smf.........Glad to have you here.......Lots of great info on sausage here just read the posts..........

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Welcome to the SMF, always glad to have another hunter in the crowd. I'm looking forward to your posts.

gremlin

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined May 27, 2006
I'm with richtee on this one Great book with lots of info and recipes.
and hi every body I've been away for awhile........ just got back from Australia and had my eyes lasered so I won't be on for long periods til my eyes heal.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.