Looking for lump in SE Penna

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by 1jonnyz, Jan 1, 2008.

1. I am new to this whole smoking thing (been grillin for alot of years though!) using my trusty Weber Kettle w/ the Smokenator 1000. I want to get some GOOD lump for my first brisket, ribs, whatever, but I'm realizing it's harder to find around here in the winter than $2.00 heating oil!!!!! The only places around West Chester seems to be Fred's Music in Shillington (an hour away anyway).... anyone know where to get Wicked Good or Humphrey's in the area??

2. bustedluckbarbq

bustedluckbarbq Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Humphreys in MD at a beer store - 9.99 for 20 lbs.... in Aberdeen... quite a ride tho....

3. smokeys my pet

smokeys my pet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Some of our local beer stores carry it also. You could call and ask they may have some leftover in the back from summer???????? Good Luck!

4. How far are from new holland pa, meadow creek welding has a bbq store
    there and they sell any kind of charcoal you want.

5. Thanks to all for your help!! I did find Royal Oak right here in West Chester at Halco Enterprises http://www.halcogrills.com I wanted to get the Wicked Good but didn't feel like driving to Shillington.

6. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'm not sure what kind they sell, but Pottstown roller mills sells big bags of lump, right up 100 for you.