looking for help with a gmg mod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerlitetime2001

Original poster
Feb 12, 2020
posted this question in new members thread . looking into mod for my gmg JB. Would like to attach it to this harbor freight cart . anyone done anything similar?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200216-103223_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-103223_Chrome.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 21
posted this question in new members thread . looking into mod for my gmg JB. Would like to attach it to this harbor freight cart . anyone done anything similar?

I see what you’re thinking and all things are possible... A lot of mods to the cart would be required, but it’s possible. You could also go an easier, but more expensive route with the Rec Tec Comp Cart for $400.00

Give it a shot and good luck.

Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... in SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

Last edited:
I see what you’re thinking and all things are possible... A lot of mods to the cart would be required, but it’s possible. You could also go an easier, but more expensive route with the Rec Tec Comp Cart for $400.00

Give it a shot and good luck.

Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... in SoCal and Always... Semper Fi
yeah I checked that cart out. also another one by weidmans . thanks I bought the cart , going to place wood top as a shelf on front if it doesn't interfere with drawer to badly.

The top of that HF cart is already at a standard workbench height..seems to me that would put your working grill surface awfully high up in the air?? Are you maybe real tall? If so this could be perfect.
Note I don't think it would raise it so much as to be top-heavy or unstable/tippy, just that it might be awkward to use...hard on the wrists to flip burger patties when the grill is too high!

The top of that HF cart is already at a standard workbench height..seems to me that would put your working grill surface awfully high up in the air?? Are you maybe real tall? If so this could be perfect.
Note I don't think it would raise it so much as to be top-heavy or unstable/tippy, just that it might be awkward to use...hard on the wrists to flip burger patties when the grill is too high!
on the taller side . sick of being bent over tending meat . I do longer cooks on this unit briskets and butts for burgers and brats use my Weber performer.

Go for it then! It looks sharp and has a lot of usable space. I suspect the lower shelves don't all need to be in place so if you store pellets in larger buckets, they'll fit fine.
Maybe it's just for back pain, but I'd rather work a little high than too low. But eye injury becomes more likely up high...do you wear glasses? I'd consider that adequate protection for the occasional quirt of hot chicken fat.

I like the idea as its a bit of wasted space on the current trolley, I have a cupboard I use for all the bits & pieces but this looks ideal.

Hope it works out for you.

I'm just noticing the doors have "cubbies" on the inside, intended for nuts&bolts, but looking just right for spice storage.

I know the argument is it's best to spice up BEFORE you begin smoking. Small-, simple-molecule spices like salt and sodium nitrite get more time to penetrate the meat and the larger ones (pepper etc) are accumulated into "chunks" that form little deadzones for the smoke to soak into better.

But with frozen burger patties it is sure tempting to just thrown them on the grill and then spice 'em up later.

So is there room in there for a dorm 'fridge for the beer (and sauce)? Then you'd really have the ideal cart!

I'm just noticing the doors have "cubbies" on the inside, intended for nuts&bolts, but looking just right for spice storage.

I know the argument is it's best to spice up BEFORE you begin smoking. Small-, simple-molecule spices like salt and sodium nitrite get more time to penetrate the meat and the larger ones (pepper etc) are accumulated into "chunks" that form little deadzones for the smoke to soak into better.

But with frozen burger patties it is sure tempting to just thrown them on the grill and then spice 'em up later.

So is there room in there for a dorm 'fridge for the beer (and sauce)? Then you'd really have the ideal cart!
hmmmm beer fridge . maybe I can talk misses into having a sixth fridge.

Not 100% sure how you plan on attaching it, but isn't there a vent hole for the fan on the bottom? I haven't got down and under mine so can't remember if there are any other obstructions to mounting it. Neat idea though, can't wait to see pics

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky