Looking for advice for my first Pork Baby Back Rib this weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigsky109

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
Montana
So I am going to smoke some Baby Back Ribs this weekend and Iam looking for advice. 

Rub?

and Method of smoking?

I did a Turkey last weekend and it came out great thanks to this forum and now I seek advice from the smoking gurus. 

I will be uploading Q-View Pics when I start....

All help is welcome

Thanks,

Looks like this method is the best....reading from another thread here:

"First number is the number of hours ribs are place in the smoker just flat on the racks.

Second number is number of hours ribs are cooked wrapped in foil (usually still in the smoker)

Third number is the number of hours ribs are cooked back on the racks out of the foil (to firm them up a bit). This is also when you would sauce the ribs if you are going to put sauce on them during the cooking process.

2-2-1 is generally used for baby back ribs, and 3-2-1 for spare ribs. If the ribs are to tender and fall apart you can cut back the 2nd number 15 minutes at a time till you get the consistancy you want."

Any Rub suggestions?

Hope this is not too late. This is my Rub for Pork and the Foiling juice is a must...JJ

Try this... It is Mild and compliments different style sauces well...If you want spicier increase Blk Pepper to 1T and add 1T Wht Pepper and 1T Mustard powder. The Foiling Juice, at the bottom, makes a Rib Glaze at the end. You can add 1/4C Ketchup, 2T Cider Vinegar and 2T Mustard to make a more traditional BBQ Sauce....

Mild Bubba Q Rub

1/2C Sugar in the Raw (Turbinado)

2T Sweet Paprika (Hungarian)

1T Kosher Salt

1T Chili Powder (contains some Cumin and Oregano) Ancho Chile is same without cumin, oregano etc.

1T Granulated Garlic

1T Granulated Onion

1tsp Black Pepper, more if you like

1/2tsp Grnd Allspice

Cayenne or Chipotle Pwd to taste, start with 1/2tsp and go from there.

You may also like this for Ribs...

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110881/foiling-juice-chef-jimmyj

Last edited:
Thanks Chef Jimmy.......Not too late, haven't started the ribs yet.  I will foil the ribs for tenderness....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky