looking for a new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paddfoot

Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
does any one own and or have an opinion about " The Great Outdoors Deluxe Gas Smoker" it looks good to me but im still a newbie, and is there any place where it isnt on backorder

Hey padfoot, I ordered a " The Great Outdoors Deluxe Gas Smoker" or GOSM from epod2000.com 2 weeks ago and it arrived late last week but as I look at the site now they are also on backorder. Just to let you know I was at Bass Pro Shop 3 weeks ago and they were also out and after talking to the manager he said the manufactuer of these was backed up 1056 units and if I would like he would put my name on a list. Don't get
discouraged
just keep looking and maybe you will get lucky. I like them so much that I have 2. I hope this helps.

You can also get the gosm at walmart or you can order them off walmarts website and have shipped to the store for free......

I've never had anything smoked on a propane powered smoker. Can you tell any difference from meat that has been smoked on a charcoal or wood powered smoker? I can certainly see the appeal in the "set it and forget it" approach to these.

Cabelas sells quite a few different models.

Some say they can tell the difference. Personally, I can't, I think ya get most of yer flavor from the wood yer smokin with not the source of heat. That's just my two coppers worth.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky