Long weekend smoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jpaul

Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Peace River, ALberta, Canada
Last weekend was a holiday weekend and that being said, I belive that there must be a law somewhere states that a man must smoke meat on long weekends, so not being one to break the law, here is my Q-view.

I decided to smoke some ribs, and tried my first fattie. I went with a simple pizza fattie, peperoni, pizza sauce and shredded 3 cheese blend.

Some nicely rubbed ribs. I saw a post here for a rub that was taken from Alton Brown's show "Good Eats" and gave it a shot.

2 hours into the smoke.

I like to glaze my ribs with a homeade glaze. Pre-Glaze ribs out of the foil.

Pot of GLaze

Glazed ribs

Houston we have a problem. My fatty went BOOM!

Time to dig in.

All in all a good smoke, and a learning experience with my fatty. I will roll it better next time.

That glaze makes those sweeties look SWEET! Sorry to see the fattie blew up, nothing like having it do that to ya, but at least it was wrapped in foil so it didn't mess up your smoker too bad.

Next time, lighten up on the guts o' the fatty or add more sausage to the base. The guts looked really good, I'm sure it's still good eats!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I'm bettin' that Texas-Hunter is right. In spite of the rupture, the fatty still looks pretty tasty. Actually, I didn't know that one could do that! I cooked three fatties today and had some minor cheese leakage, but no ruptures. I'll have to give the pizza fatty a try. Looks good!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky