Long Island, NY - First Time Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tlcpokertables

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
Long Island, NY.
Hi All,
My name is Frank. I'm from Long Island, and I've never smoked anything until today. For my 40th B-Day I was given a Perfect Flame vertical(propane) smoker.
So, today I smoked (2) racks of baby back ribs and (4) meatloafs, and used mesquite (soaked) wood chips. It was definitely a learning experience and had so much fun in the process. During my smoke, I had a few questions that I posted, and got some helpful immediate responses. You guys rule!
Anyway, everything came out out great, and I'm looking forward to many more great smokes!

Welcome Frank, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse, you can find it here it's "FREE"...5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics... Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

Welcome to smf , Frank.Great place with great peeps... Most answers are just a question away..Happy smokes !!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Yea Frank. It is the exact smoker u have.... If u have any questions about, feel free to ask. One thing for sure, do NOT trust the built in thermo on it. Buy a good digital therm..

Ya know, Mike...I had a feeling about the thermo not being accurate....Yes, I will definitely look into a oven thermo or something like that.

Thanks!
Frank

Welcome to SMF congrats on a good first smoke
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

First off welcome to SMF Frank. You'll like this place cause there are alot of good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anythign to do wit smoking. I think it would be a good thing to look up the E-course It's free and very informative and it will shoe you the basics. Next you to get the camera
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
heres a link to posting pictures (Qview) as we call them. Then the next thing you have to do is go and get somethign to smoke and if you have any questions just post them here and we will answer it rite away,
Welcome To The Addiction.

If you dont mind me asking, what part of long island? I live in East Meadow, its not very often you hear about people on the island using a smoker, the guy two doors down ironically built a smokehouse though. Im jealous.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky