Long day but looking forward to tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pork' started by ron50, Jun 30, 2007.

1. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Well it's been a long day. After stocking up for tomorrow's gathering it seems i left the door to the fridge ajar. Temp was up to high overnight so it was a total loss, 6 racks of ribs, 12 chicken cutlets, etc etc not to mention the regular contents of the fridge. Oh well.

Spend the day restocking and to add insult to injury the ribs went up 20 cents a pound at Costco in 2 days!

Rubbed the ribds down and made a pot of Dutch's Wicked beans, Teacups's potato salad and some cole slaw and a few different Q sauces.

Menu for tomorrow

back back Ribs
    beans
    potato salad
    cole slaw
    abt
    fatties

aslo firing up the grill, havent in awhile lol, for some marinated grilled chicken cutlets, burgers and hot dogs. Round it all off with some fruit salad, chips, dips, and some cold beverages it should make for a good meal.

Ill try to post some pics tomorrow, hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

2. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Sorry for your food loss Ron50. Seems to be going around lately.

3. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Sorry to hear that Ron, but better to be safe than sorry[​IMG] ...on a good note , sounds like some great eatin will be still taken place [​IMG]

4. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Yikes, there seems to ba an epidemic with lost meat going around... [​IMG] Sorry for your loss, and glad you moved forward... the party MUST go on!! [​IMG]

5. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Yeah it happens. My fridge must have gotten the idea from Debi's! lol

6. linescum

linescum Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

i'll lower my flag to half mast for ya'

7. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

bummer on the loss. whew,i just checked mine & all is well but the kid do tend to leave the dining chair too close to the chest freezer & open it a crack-so i locked it.

8. watery eyes

watery eyes Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Sounds like a good smoke Ron.....don't forget the pics.... [​IMG]

9. gypsyseagod did the same thing I did when I read Ron's post, AHHHHHH, check the fridge!!! I have a mountain of ribs smoking tomorrow that someone else bought!

Ron, sounds like you will make a full recovery with all of the grub. Have a great fourth!!!