London Broil on the Smoker... w/ Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deltadude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 3, 2008
Sacramento Area
Nothing exciting to report, but I haven't been using the Ol MES lately, so thought I would do something simple..

London Broil is a tough piece of meat, I decided to try a different marinade, and it didn't produce a tender piece of meat, though this LB had good flavor, enough smoke, it was not tender. Still it was ok, I just sliced it thin.

Smoker: MES 40", older 750w model
Preheat: 1 hrs. 265º
Outdoor Ambient 72º
Cook temp: 230º
Meat Start Temp: 52º
Total Smoker Time: 90 min. followed by Broiler 5 min per side. (I pulled LB from the smoker at 140º)

Cook notes: Because the outdoor ambient was a comfortable 72º the LB hit 130 in about 50 min. I wanted more smoke time, so I had to open the hatch dump heat, and set the controller to 165º. Fortunately there was enough ash and smoldering wood chips to keep newly added wood chips smoldering, however that only worked for the first chips added or about 15 min. I decided to finish up the meat (since the wife got home from work and we could go ahead and eat), so I cranked up the heat, to get the meat temp up to 140º.

You will notice in the Smoker pic, that the drip tray is full of liquid. I had about 5/8 cup of Beef Stock getting old in the fridge so I added that to the drip pan before smoking.

Click the image for larger pic.

Looks delish man.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Normally I pay attention to the grain before I cook the meat. I forgot to this time, and may have missed on cutting on the bias.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky