Local Grocery One Day Sale; Boston Butts $0.88/#!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh- boudin is on the list too!!! And this salami Cajuneric Cajuneric made looks fabulous!!

My cousin was telling me about this salami as he lives in Oregon...then 2 days later Eric posts the video...gotta make it now! LOL!

Reactions: tbern
Got another round of andouille on deck for this weekend. I have 50# of pork chunks chilling in the fridge. Will grind, season and stuff this afternoon, smoke tomorrow. I also have 20# 3/4" of pork steaks with salt and cure#1 on them dry curing for tasso. I probably won't be able to smoke those until next weekend though. No worries, that's the great thing about the equalibrium cure method....

very interesting video!! gotta love chocolate in a salami! thanks for sharing the video and good luck making yours!!
Thanks tbern. I have to order some of the ingredients, so this one won't happen with this round of pork butts. But it is on deck and will be made next chance I get!
Holy cow! At that price I'd had them just drop ship it to my house!
Jim
I know...right! I might have went a little crazy...LOL!

Reactions: JLeonard
This is why I LOVE my outhouse style smokehouse for smoking sausages!!
IMG_20221009_122033.jpg

Probe 1 - Top of the smokehouse at the flew vent
Probe 2 - Bottom of the hanging sausages middle of the smokehouse about 16" above the flame to monitor for flare ups.
Probe 3- Sausage temp with probe inserted in top of a link hanging on the poles
Probe 4 -Bottom smokehouse temp. Inline vertically with the top probe, to the side and 4" above the C.I. pan of wood chunks.

The three smokehouse probes stay within 3*F of each other and as they slowly rise, the meat probe just tracks right along trailing by 25-30*F. I just check the flew visually for smoke about every 30 minutes or so....add more chunks every 2 hours and let it roll....

Awesome temp control with your smokehouse!! Within 3 degrees is very, very good!!
Yep. Thanks! I had to make some modifications after first build, but she's a sweet rig to smoke sausages in now!!

Just pulled the second batch of andouille...
IMG_20221009_160017.jpg

9.5 hours....slow and steady....

Great price! I saw Frys had butts at 1.79 today, went and bought 3 big ones, 34 lbs or so. I thought I got a great deal! Well, it was a great deal, but yours was amazing ;)

I cut off the 3 coppas, going to make buckboard bacon. Ground up rest, 17 lbs or so. Also scored some ground veal for $7 a pound, so was going to make weisswurst, and then some milk and egg bratwurst. But now you've got me thinking some andouille!

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky