lobster tails

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike g

Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
anyone know how to grill lobster using wood and what kind of wood. Saw red lobster uses it thought i would try

I've grilled them over gas & charcoal grills. Just split them in half & grill till they are done, add butter & serve. I would think any kind of wood people use to cook over or smoke with would be ok. (Alder maybe?)...We do salmon, steelhead, oysters, clams & shrimp over or around Alder. Maybe Cedar plank 'em?

Same here, but alittle more goodies. Course these are just Florida bugs. Split tail and make up a mixture of butter, garlic and white wine. Ladle that into the split. Grill tail down for around 10 to 15 minutes, then flip over for 5. Don't over do them. I ate 4 in one sitting one time this way.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

They really are not on enough for smoke to take effect unless you can keep them very indirect.

I did some last night over cherry and hickory on skewers with sirloin
cut them in half and used butter and garlic
they took about 8 minutes and were fabulous
I got caught up in the excitement of suprising the Wife with them and forgot to take Q after they where done but here's a shot of them ready to go on the grill along with the asperagus spears.

these were about 8 oz. cold water tails

fresh asperagus

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky