lobster tails

Discussion in 'Non-fish Seafood' started by mike g, Feb 11, 2009.

1. mike g

mike g Newbie

anyone know how to grill lobster using wood and what kind of wood. Saw red lobster uses it thought i would try

2. fishawn

fishawn Smoking Fanatic

I've grilled them over gas & charcoal grills. Just split them in half & grill till they are done, add butter & serve. I would think any kind of wood people use to cook over or smoke with would be ok. (Alder maybe?)...We do salmon, steelhead, oysters, clams & shrimp over or around Alder. Maybe Cedar plank 'em?

3. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Same here, but alittle more goodies. Course these are just Florida bugs. Split tail and make up a mixture of butter, garlic and white wine. Ladle that into the split. Grill tail down for around 10 to 15 minutes, then flip over for 5. Don't over do them. I ate 4 in one sitting one time this way. [​IMG]
    They really are not on enough for smoke to take effect unless you can keep them very indirect.

4. uncle_lar

uncle_lar Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I did some last night over cherry and hickory on skewers with sirloin
    cut them in half and used butter and garlic
    they took about 8 minutes and were fabulous
    I got caught up in the excitement of suprising the Wife with them and forgot to take Q after they where done but here's a shot of them ready to go on the grill along with the asperagus spears.

these were about 8 oz. cold water tails

fresh asperagus