Loaded potato casserole recipe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lowcountrygamecock

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Theres a little bbq place in the upper part of South Carolina called Smokin pig that serves a loaded potato casserole that is phenomenal. Anybody have a recipe for something like that? It has potatoes, cheese and chives for sure. Not sure what else but it’s good stuff.

Gosh we call them twice baked potato's, and we had a couple last night.
The possibilities are endless, just like a fattie, put your favorite things in it & bake it.
We try to do ours healthy & use Fat free cottage cheese, broccoli, onions, chives, mozz cheese, & Parmesan cheese.
Just pre-cook the potato, we do it in the microwave. Then smash it out & add your toppings. Put it back in the oven or you could use your smoker. We have them at least once a week!
Al

I guess what you said could work now that I re-read it again. Not what I was picturing when you said twice baked potato. I may have to try it that way.

Same thing as Twice Baked Potatoes but out of the skin.
Coarsely mashed potatoes, skin on if you please, and loaded with whatever you like in them and baked in a ramekin or casserole dish.
Mash'em up more and slap it on a plate and it's regular'ol loaded mashed potatoes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky