Living in Texas....smoking skills required

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kaiax333

Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
Texas
Hi,

I'm new to SMF and wanted to post here to introduce myself. Moved to Texas about 15 years ago and have always thought I was a bit of a BBQ fanatic. Not even close. I've been enjoying the awesome Texas barbeque from all over this great State. I recently sat down and read "Prophets of Smoked Meat", which has turned from a nice book on local flavors....into more of a To-Do List :)

I've convinced my wife, who's a bit skeptical, to purchase a 5 rack Masterbuilt Electric smoker (low cost entry point, hopefully almost idiot proof, and less real estate than a trailer-hitched horizontal offset).....now I'm ready to start the process. I feel like I've joined some secret fraternity, as I sit and listen to all the great ideas and techniques from local experts.

Look forward to learning from those on here!

Kaiax33

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky