Little help modding/rebuilding a gas grill? Members Mark Y0660?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

viper

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Bought this grill as is.  She needs some help.  The design of the burn system seems a little outdated so curious where to get good cheap parts and if I should build it back how it was or mod it?  The burners are some big cast iron deal that rots out.  The burn plates are just perforated ceramic plates, not tents.  The grates and such are fine. 

I would really like to see stainless burners in it, but then I get into the science of how to tent each burner properly to get even heating.  I am tired of a grill that has hot spots. 

I am not looking to buy the overpriced extruded grates.  I like how easy the stainless rod grates clean up. 

I would not mind getting a few more BTUs out of it but seems most of these are not very adjustable but maybe there is a gas jet I can work with or drill slightly. 

I own a machine shop so familiar with tweaking things. 

Amazon has a lot of parts. Burners and so on. Just type in members mark y0660 and you will be surprised as to what you will find. I am also looking for one of these grill. If anyone has a lead on one please let me know.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky