Little chucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

benjaminr

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Carbondale, IL
Alright so I picked up this chucky a little while ago, and i wasnt sure what I wanted to do with it. So I got good and out of my mind and decided that I should inject it. (I have never done this before) So my stupid logic was "IM GUNNA INJECT IT WITH HONEY!!!!" So I was going to do a honey and Italian dressing injection. Well the little seeds in the dressing clogged my needle. SOO that got scrapped and I went with a dressing marinade and just honey injection. I know all of this is a lot of blabber but I just want you to understand how hard it was for me being totally jacked up lol.

So it sat for 2 days with this awesomeness in and around it.

I smoked it today and HOLY CRAP! I want to drive home and slap my dad for not having meat like this when I was growing up. If you haven't injected any piece of meat with honey DO IT NOW!!

It was amazing melt in your mouth just makes you want to cry. Here is the after math.

I highly recommend doing this if you haven't done it. Honey is my new best friend.

Whenever I want to inject with Ital dressing I strain it through a brass coffee filter so the needle won't get clogged.
I have rubbed with honey but never thought about injecting with it, great idea and it looks like it turned out great.
Just got a new injector, maybe I'll try it out in a brisket I'm doing this weekend...
Hmmmmmm......

And I happen to be smoking a chuckie tomorrow. I might have some honey in the cabinet too. Maybe try that strainer thing with the itailian dressing too.

Looks good.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Glad your experiment worked out well for you.

Where would cooking be without happy accidents??

I too have used honey as a mop on ribs, but never inject. I am assuming you had to heat the honey, or diluted it? I am definately seeing other applications..

I used an entire syringe. It was only like 5lbs so not very big. Also no I didnt heat it up, I was way to loaded to think of that. I just poured it in the top then stuck the plunger in from the back. Worked like a champ.

And yes im with all of you I had rubbed with it but I highly recommend injecting. I got some ribs in the smoker right now. Nothing fancy but a few racks that I had to hack in half with a hatchet (alcohol actually had little to do with this) but its our first foot ball game at school this weekend, so im sure getting loaded will happen then to deal with getting the ribs out is going to be a daunting task while performing for a small crowd of friends when the game actually starts. Its not about watching the game :)

Keep trimming meat like that, and you'll have to learn math in base 8. "Base 8 is just like base 10; if you're missing 2 fingers." Quote by Tom Lehrer

icon_eek.gif
(Just Kidding, of course. But do be careful. Opposable thumbs are useful things...)

Oh yeah, I grew up using hatchets, even made it to eagle scout!
tongue.gif

But yes I couldn't find my hack saw (turns out it was in the bottom of my brew box I have no idea how it got there) so I went with the next best option.

That's for me to know and you to find out
biggrin.gif
but I made one hell of a chuck roast!

yeast is my friend

What did he use to get out of his mind? Bush light. Seriously. The dangerous part about that stuff is how much like water it tastes. It's not that high in alcohol, but it's really easy to drink 18 of them...

Rule #1: Beer & Hatchets DO NOT MIX.
Rule #2: When In Doubt See Rule #1.
icon_mrgreen.gif

HAHA you guys! Very rarely does anything good come after the phrase "Hey hold my beer and look what I can do!" But I did manage to hack through ribs with my hatchet thus =ing a WIN.

And NO I was not drinking bush light or any thing as gross. I was drinking my home brew! Belgium Honey!

As far as temp I have no clue I just tossed them in the smoker for 5.5 hours @ 250 no foil, no mop, just a light rub. And honestly I couldn't tell a difference from foiled vs un-foiled.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky