Like the man in the wendy's advertisement says, I'm a Meatarian.

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by ryf, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ryf

ryf Fire Starter

Hi, I'm kinda new to smoke, but the long slow cook is an old friend. I am going to try and use a modified brinkmann square vertical, I tried to use my Brinkmann "pro series 6330" propane grill with a smoker box(p.s. I don't know that I'd call it "pro", but its big enough for us), but without a vent or chimney to get it to flow properly, it was pretty much impossible to sort out sometimes. I like propane, I know its not traditional, but thats what I'm willing to deal with, and easier for me = better bbq with less learning curve.

I looked at the Great Smokey at the big box store for $99, but I wanted something to tinker with. and for $60 bucks I already have a burner and can get a thermostat valve for around $25, it seemed like the way to go. I'll post a new thread in the propane section so it doesn't get away from the topic of me being new. I've been haunting a few forums without signing up, to get a feel for the atmosphere, and since i took the plunge I thought I'd go "whole hog" and sign up where I thought I could get info and help as needed. looking forward to learning and sharing as I am able! this is my smoker when I finished putting it together this morning, mods close to complete!

2. ronf

ronf Smoke Blower

Welcome to the forum, ryf.

3. dono

dono Meat Mopper OTBS Member

welcome to SMF best darned smokin forum on the whole web, enjoy

4. meat-man

meat-man Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

welcome aboard brother there is alot of great info here [​IMG]

5. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome RYF.