Lemon Rippled Cheescake Bars

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alx

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 4, 2009
Annapolis,Maryland
Never posted in this section.....

Saw this recipe in paper and i had some meyer lemons...

Grated some zest for the crust

Made the pastry dough and added zest-1st layer of the deal

Vanilla flavored cheescake batter

Lemon curd

Add cheescake batter and then dob curd on top

Take a knife and ripple the curd in top of cheescake

Baked and cooled in fridge overnight

This was excellent.I just started lifting weights regularly after few months off and i am glad for it....Time for a jog......Not diet food....

Glad you are working out...I was going to say Alex, you must weigh 500 lbs...man you eat good! And a well rounded chef too, competition Que, bread, deserts, and without question the best garden I have ever seen. Dude, you ought to have a show on food network. Maybe we could get you to co-host with Cowgirl...I'd watch that for sure!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Crust(on bottom)

1 cup flour.......................................
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted chilled butter in 1/2 inch pieces

Pulse everything but butter in food processor.Add butter and pulse until a soft crumbly dough forms.Press dough evenly over a 9 inch square non-stick baking pan.Bake until golden brown,about 20 minutes at 325 degrees.

Filling(curd)

1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
2 large egg yolks
3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

dissolve cornstarch in cold water.whisk yolks with sugar and lemon juice.Whisk in cornstarch and whisk over medium heat 4 minutes or sugar dissloved.Heat to a boil whisking constantly until thick and glossy-maybe a minute.Strain into heat proff bowl and add lemon zest.let cool.

Cream cheese filling

1 and 1/4 pounds cream cheese at room temp
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
3 room temp eggs
1/4 cup sour cream at room temp
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
fresh berries optional

In mixer beat cream cheese with 1 cup sugar untill smooth.
add eggs one at a time,beating well between additions.
add sour cream and vanilla.beat till smooth

Pour cream cheese batter over crust that was baked in pan.
Put curd/lemon mixture in dollops on cheesecake batter and swirl into batter using a knife.

Bake until golden brown around edges-40-45 minutes at 325 degrees.Run a knife around edge to loosen sides.
Cool on wire rack and refridgerate until thoroughly chilled-i did overnight.

That looks really good Alex, I'll have to make that for my Mom, she will love it.
Thanks for sharing the recipe, and if you're going for a jog be sure to bundle up.

I will honestly say it didnt last long in the fridge.The vanilla cheescake and lemon curd are a fantastic balancing act of flavors.I was happy as the first time you do a new recipe you never know.....

Alot of work,but your mom would appreciate it....Recipe said 20 minutes of prep time.. LOL

Very nice there Alex. You did a fine job and we did somthing like that the past weekend when we were bakin cookkies and we did a lemon tart of sorts.

It was just very simalar to the cheese cake that you did. I don't know why it wouldn't surprise me that you baked too. But you did jam up job for sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky