LEM mixer and emulsification of meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
I was looking to get the 25 pound lem mixer that I can add on to the #12 big bite grinder. I make braunschweiger and hot dogs where you need to emulsify the meat. The drill mixer I use will do that just forcibly smearing the meat and fat together in mixing. The heavy drill has a higher rpm than I imagine the mixer has. Will the mixer emulsify the mix if left to it for a while or just going to keep mixing.

Would I be better making a kirby bucket to emulsify meats?

I saw a video showing a wet sausage mix and it looked pretty close to emulsified. All I did with the hotdogs and braunschweiger was heavy mixing. Worst case I guess I have to try and use the food processor or mixing bucket again a bit.

Damn firewood gave me tennis elbow and trying to find labor saving devices as I grow older now. I have too many hobbies and use the economy of scale to save time. I normally make 20 pound batches when I make anything.

{EDIT] the wife ordered it for Christmas so if no one else updates I will update this later.

Last edited:
Its a monster 1/2" drill. If the big bite is too slow I assume I could always try the drill on it. Not sure if they warranty it for 1700 RPM's.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky