Leftovers...nice dip!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flyboytr

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Mobile, AL
From our weekend party I ended up with a few leftovers. I like dips and a Ritz Cracker or a warm torilla chip. So this is what I did...

I had two left over smoked potatos, two slices of Fattie, a handfull of pulled pork and about a cup of Dutch's Wicked Beans. I put all this in the food processer along with a block of cream cheese and a handfull of cheddar cheese. I added several splashes of beer to make it smooth and creamy and blended well.

This actually turned out really good. It is best when warmed in the microwave. It looks......well....bad! ....but tastes great!
icon_smile.gif
Because of the meat I added (including what was in the beans), this will limit its refrigerator life. Oh well, vacuum sealed and in the freezer for the left over left-overs!
biggrin.gif

So what was the dip like smooth with the beer. I guess thats one for the leftover stack. It's definetly differant.

I did not process everything to the point that no texture remained in the mix. I used the beer to thin things out. Could have easily used milk or water. While it sounds like an unusual mix...it is quite tasty on a Ritz.

In the past I have done the same basic thing with left over dirty rice. Add cream cheese, beer and raw onion. Still good...and no one will ever figure out what it is.
icon_smile.gif

I like the dirty rice left over idea, keep up with trying new things. Thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky