Leftovers for Lunch. Smoked Chicken Fried Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 12, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
Ahhhhhh, we're out of bread! What to eat for lunch today? Ok, a quick and down and dirty version of chicken fried rice.

This whole thing took 10 minutes from start to finsh and I'm eating as I type.

I had some chicken in vacubags in the freezer from my chicken smoke this weekend http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=83634

Here's my ingredients
1/2 c water
1/2 c Minute Rice
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 lb of shredded smoked chcken
1 egg
1 TBS-ish Soy Sauce
ry%3D400

Boil water, add rice, stir, cover and remove from heat
ry%3D400

throw bag of frozen chicken in microwave on defrost/thaw and start garlic over medium heat in a small skillet.
ry%3D400

add the now thawed chicken, stir, cover and make sure it's heated through
ry%3D400

add an egg and scramble (seperatly from the chicken and garlic)
ry%3D400

when egg is done, mix with chicken, stir and dump in your rice (rice takes about 5 minutes to be done in the other pan), stir again and add in the soy sauce. Stir all this up, turn heat down to low, cover and let it sit for a couple of minutes
ry%3D400

there's lunch!
ry%3D400

Sure I could've added some veggies and whatever. But for a 10 minute lunch, this wasn't too bad. Maybe could've used a little more rice and another egg, but I'll eat it again.

What did you have for lunch today?

Nice quick meal dude.I had 2 pecan granola bars and 2 apples after a big brakfast.

Making a big batch of spagetti with my sausage in it,fresh salad and homemade garlic bread shortly-man i am hungry for 4.30 in afternoon....Worked my arse off today...

Dude, what a great meal idea! Got to give you credit for two things I've not done and I seen you do:

1) Pulled smoked chicken frozen in single serving ziplocs. Excellent idea and I got to start doing that. Great base for meals as you just demonstrated.

2) Minute rice! Dang....we never have that instantaneous happiness, I don't know why. It's great for recipes just like the one you showed us. Sure beats waiting 20 minutes for the real stuff.

Anyway, great post bud, fried rice is awesome, and you did it well. Thanks for the kick-start here, gonna try that soon enough.

As far as lunch....I had a fistfull of Snyders "Sourdough Nibblers" pretzels, a huge chunk of extra sharp cheddar cheese and a bottle of beer
biggrin.gif
(maybe two) while I helped plant bulbs.

It's Mrs Rivets birthday today and we are having her favorite feast for supper.

Dude thats a great idea for a lunch. I like it too it all sounds like a good combonations of flavors and works just fine to me. I did something like that last night for the munchies set in so into the frig I went. I came out with some cabbage an onion and some weird looking chinese cabbage I think. But alittle butter some fresh garlic and alittle evoo tossed into the pan with some soy and worshirer sauces and sauteing we went. It came out pretty good too. and it filled the hole and off I went. Mother natures pretty cool some times

Well you tell Mrs. Rivet Happy Birthday from up north.

We always have Minute Rice on hand. Not as good as "real" rice but it sure is convienent.

As far as the single serving bags...that's how I pack up most everything I do. That way if it's just me for lunch or getting home late enough that I missed dinner then I'm all set without wasting anything. And if I need to make more for the whole family, just pull out more bags. My freezer is full of these little bags of chicken, chuckie, and pastrami right now. Probably 20 individual meals worth.

Looks great! When I do my fried rice the only thing I do different is to cook the eggs in a pan, cool it then cut it into strips.

Lunch, well it is now 7:43 at night and lunch is on the smoker, some pastrami bites.
Usually don't have a meal until about 7pm that day.

Thank you Dude, I sure did and she sent a big thanks back along with her condolences for your recent loss and hopes your wife and littler ones made it back safely.

She really got a kick out of your eldest son eating up your ribs as you took some goodies to your neighbour!

As like you, I cook extra and pack lunches for work in ziploc "individual-containers", but never thought of making plain pulled chicken and puttign them in baggies! That makes a perfect "base" meat for anything you want to make late at night, or another day. Thanks for the idea!

And with the chicken you can make cowgirl's "Chicken Bog" I made that once and it was a darned fine soup.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky