• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Leftovers day - Creamy turkey soup and stuffing waffles

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Thanksgiving leftovers always offer an opportunity to create something. Certainly has become soup weather in Ohio now so I went with a creamy turkey and mushroom soup and sausage and sharp white cheddar stuffing waffles. I used up most of the dark meat from my smoked turkey in the soup. Really just winged it with a couple diced onion and two big trays of baby Bella’s sautéed in butter. Added about 8 cups of broth , 2 cups heavy cream , 1/2 t poultry seasoning , some fresh chopped rosemary and thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Used up all the dark meat and some of the breast left from my smoked turkey. First time I have used some of the stuffing to do mini waffles. Just used leftover sausage stuffing, egg and shredded white cheddar in the mini waffle iron. Couldn’t use it all because I really love just putting creamed turkey over the stuffing too. The leftover homemade sugar free cranberry orange ginger sauce makes a nice dipper for the waffles. The soup sure hit the spot after walking the dogs lol. Thanks for looking.
EA6EE49F-7119-47BE-B352-4AD0F3ED3F58.jpeg
D006865E-5BB3-41D5-81F4-4D53E8F2437E.jpeg

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Love the stuffing waffles . Been wanting to try that . I've used fried potatoes before .
Soup looks great . I bet that's a fantastic meal .

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
Woah..

It's funny, but Thanksgiving week could be the best week of the year for cruising around on hunting and cooking forums, and recipe sites. I especially like the 'what to do with left over' posts. Yours did not disappoint.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Looks fantastic Jeff!! The mushrooms and Turkey had to be good and stuffing waffles is something ive always wanted to do!!

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
Man that looks good.. especially the waffles...

The enabler that you are has me searching for mini waffle makers...

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 19, 2018
No pictures but I made a big pot of turkey and rice soup today myself using up most of my leftover turkey as well as the carcass...

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
No pictures but I made a big pot of turkey and rice soup today myself using up most of my leftover turkey as well as the carcass...

Exact same thing I did, turkey and wild rice soup! Incredible cook Jeff, waffles with cranberry, I want some right now! RAY

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Looks fab-a-mundo Jeff, Temps here have been in the low 30s to mid 20s. Time for soup and stews.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Looks great Jeff.
We went with a stroganoff. With egg noodles. Was fantastic.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
AWESOME!
Gotta try those stuffing waffles!
Al

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
That looks fantastic Jeff, I think I want those leftovers more than the traditional dinner!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.