Leftover Rib Meat Stew w/Q

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatball

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 6, 2009
Gainesville, FL
I smoked a 4-5 racks of spare ribs on the weekend that I had trimmed to St. Louis style. The ribs themselves, for the most part, were eaten that day. But, I had all of the trimmings that I had also smoked, so I made a nice stew last night that I thought I'd share - quick and easy!

Used the following ingredients: smoked rib meat, Italian turkey sausage, great northern beans, diced tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot, 4-5 cloves of garlic, dried thyme and red wine.

I cooked the sausage first,

Then I added the veggies and cooked them down until they were almost soft...then added a half cup of red wine...

Added about a quarter cup more of red wine and the tomatoes, beans and meat...

It was quite a tasty meal, had a very smoky, hearty flavor, with a nice cold brew and a loaf of crusty Italian bread!

Now I need to smoke more ribs!

Man that looks good.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That sure sounds like a great idea for left overs. Now all I need is some ribs left over when I smoke some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky