Leftover PP/Beans/Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2008
I had 3lb-4oz of PP in the freezer from my Labor Day smoke, and we had a bunch of steamed White Rice, a can of vegetarian beans (pork & beans w/o out pork........I know, who would eat that?), and lastly, a nearly empty bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Bbq sauce. I have no idea where the beans came from, but I commenced on making them into non-vegetarian style!
icon_wink.gif

I've been a little pre-occupied with a current meat curing project, and just started another this evening...I didn't have my brain on a cold smoke & sear or I would have done it...
icon_redface.gif

I partially thawed the PP for several hours, and the rest is history. I put 2 Tbls Olive Oil in a wok and started reheating 8 cups of precooked rice, then added the can of beans, 1 cup water, the 3-1/4 lbs PP and 1/2 cup Bbq sauce. I heated slowly while occassionally turning gently until heated thoroughly.

And the verdict:

Not bad...not bad at all!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
here!!!

Thanks!

Eric

Sounds like a different twist on Red Beans & Rice...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky