Leftover Chuckie, sliced over a bed of Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2008
I overheard my wife and oldest daughter discussing what to make for dinner tonight. When I heard: "well, there's not enough leftover from dad's dinner lastnight...what are we going to make?" Well, I just had to jump in!

They did not know, I didn't pull the second and largest of the 2 chuckies I smoked up.
icon_wink.gif

We had so much food with the small pulled chuck, the spares and twice smoked taters...I left the bigger one whole and poured the pan juices over it into a baggie and it rested overnight in the fridge.

After I told my daughter what we had to work with and that it would go well over rice, she jumped on it and threw her doctoring of green bell peppers and onion into the pan and got busy slicing, and here we are!

This chuck was a pre-cooked weight of approx. 3-3/4 lbs. I can't take credit for the culmination of added ingredients...that was a daughter and wife conspiracy thing! LOL!!!! They did pretty well for short notice!

Warming up with the green bell pepper, onion and 4-4 oz cans of button mushrooms:

Additional ingredients were added:

2-10 oz can of Cheddar Cheese Soup

1-10 can of Green Chile Enchilada Sauce

2-6 oz cans chopped Green Chiles

Nice meal there...I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks everyone!

Eric

Looks great to me! Don't you just love leftovers?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky