leftover brisket recipes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jack

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
orange county california
we did a brisket on sat/sun for the games and it was gone in a matter of hours, so; we did a 13# on tue and have leftovers. we have never had this problem before, and want to try some recipes that are tried and true. i know, if anyone can help, you guys can.

okay.......last nite i had bbq beef sandwiches.........mixed in SweetBaby Rays in with the meat

tonite.......Beef enchiladas.........shredded brisket used
Dutch has a recipe here for them.........

nothing else...........grind up into meat salad sandwiches........LOVE smoke meat in that......YUM

wd

pinto beans!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

You can always tell a true TX. Just one word.. PINTO BEANS.. oooppppssss I guess that's really 2 words huh? They go GREAT with any thing!!

Try shredding for Tacos, Taquitos, Tamales, Burritos... damn now I'm hungry.

I love it cubed in chilli, sliced thin for quesidillas, chopped fine with taters and fried for hash, cubed in stews, boiled with pintos for tordas sammies, sliced thick and split for stuffing with mushrooms and cornbread ... the posiblities are endless!

We have a multi-tiered approach for left overs since we never know how much our kids are going to eat. Sometimes we can get some meat left over snad sometimes not.

First leftover meal is brisket (reheated) with thinly sliced onion and thinkly sliced dill pickles on a snadwich with mayo on one slice of 15 grain bread and A-1 on the other slice of bread!

Second tier is a brisket, wild rice and cilantro soup that is easy to make! This is great on a cold evening by the fire.

Quesadillas are my favorite. Cook some onion to mix with it, put a little sour cream on a tortilla ,the brisket and onion , then some shredded cheese and a splash of hot sauce. Fold it over and put it in a skillet to brown the tortilla. You can even use it with some scrambled eggs and potatoes and make a breakfast burrito.

..OOPS GET THE CAP LOCK OFF SORRY.when ever i hit the a key i seem to do this alot ..not a great typer but i can cook. ok how much leftover ya got over 1 lb..more the better ..smoky stew....ill givie it say 1 lb meat leftover .. when i make stew i use this formula 1 lb of meat to 4 potatoes. 2 carrots finly sliced i stalk of celery. 2.. 1/4 inch slices of onion(yellow)..small can of sweet peas...give maybe 8 cups water to a boil..add meat first ..allow slow boil only till heats to tender..add all vegies then..about 20 mins till ready.... heres the trick.. make a beef gravey to add.if ya saved any juces from the smoke .here ya go i figure for the right thickness ya will need 2 cups plus of gravy.. if you only have 1 cup get a soup base of beef..add your leftover or from scratch add enough beef soup base to make a spoon look like coffe when ya put it at the bottom of 2 cups of water bring to slow boil..find a stick of buttrer or marg..youll need about4 tblsp they are usuasly marked melt in a small pot..add flour to make a rue..a rue is when the butter and flour look like a yellow paste thats tends to cling to your sturring tool..not to much ya get white spots...when ya smell like popcorn add to your 2 cups of broth use a whip to blend the boiling mixture.turn off heat.allow to set up ..5 mins .then add to stew ..hello add 1 tblsp of liquid smoke ..enjoy.smoke on .mike

doc, that SANDWICH.......(bout the only thing, well maybe two things, i dislike R.R. is, her calling sandwich's sammies..........the other is SMASHED potatoes, but i digress) sounds almost like a cuban sandwich...........wich are YUMMY

nice recipes here folks, its been bookmarked,.......crap i need to get my bookmarks saved to the other hd, before i lose em.......

d8de

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky