Left brisket in sun or 20 or 30 mins!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sumpunker

Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Cincinnati, ohio
I got distracted by my kids while getting ready to put in a brisket. It sat in a plastic bag I was marinating for no longer than 30 min. Is it still ok to cook and eat? It is my first time smoking a brisket!

Now we're cooking **ba--duh--dunnnk** !!!! hehe.. looks great.. and welcome to the Forum ... :) Let us know how it turns out please... we are smoke addicts (or I speak for half of us atleast :).. we need closure :):)

mike

Feed it to the kids first, if they get sick don't eat any! If they do get sick, give 'em ice cream...... They bounce back quick.

Patience........ you are not getting your head in the right place to be smoking. The zen of the pit requires a smile that will make everyone wonder about.

Deep breath now, breath in............... breath out.............. breath in.............. relax........... breath out......... think of little puppies with their puppy smell all falling over those paws that are too big for them........... Breat in............ breath out...............

Your brisket will be fine 
icon14.gif
  Think happy thoughts - like how great you're gonna feel while eating it 
nana2.gif

Lol thanks! It's looking good! Just checked it and the foil pan is filling up with juice is that bad?
The juice is great. Put it in the fridge, then scrape off the grease that forms. Use it to dip. Any left over juice put in ice trays and freeze. Use it for beans or french dips.

Now if the brisket is swimming in the juice. That does nothing good for your bark.

Have you started tooth pick test yet?

David

Feed it to the kids first, if they get sick don't eat any! If they do get sick, give 'em ice cream...... They bounce back quick.

Patience........ you are not getting your head in the right place to be smoking. The zen of the pit requires a smile that will make everyone wonder about.

Deep breath now, breath in............... breath out.............. breath in.............. relax........... breath out......... think of little puppies with their puppy smell all falling over those paws that are too big for them........... Breat in............ breath out...............
PUPPIES! oh.. I mean ... BRISKET! Hehe!

Here is how I do the toothpick test... I cook brisket at a smoker temp of 225 - 250* & monitor the IT of the meat. Once it reaches 175* I start testing it every hour with a toothpick - once it goes in & out effortlessly I pull it. This has happened at a wide range of ITs - from 177 - 200* - brisket has a mind of its own & can be very unpredictable...  I then wrap the brisket in foil & put it in a cooler to rest for at least an hour before slicing it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky