1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Lawn care cooking Turky legs Qview

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by symansaysbbq, Oct 30, 2010.

1. symansaysbbq

symansaysbbq Fire Starter

CT
    Some of you may think I am a little crazy after reading this post. I would have to say I am! My wife says I am a cross between Al Bundy and Tim the tool man Tayler. I am the type of person that thinks everything I buy can be motified and made better. As you read this post, my friends and I are working on a custom pit for my stoker to be added to. For the meantime, I can't live without the smoke so i built this... enjoy

Today i was looking to smoke some turkey legs (1st time) and forgot to pick up a bag of charcoal. I decided to clean the lawn and cook at the same time. Not recommended but it worked.

Getting the fire started making a little pile of ambers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope to install this on a good smoker some day...

[​IMG]

The inside of my custom flea market smoker. I added in a ring of bricks and a hole for the stoker blower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The temp is good, putting the food on...

[​IMG]

spritzing a little apple cider and water

[​IMG]

Not bad looking

[​IMG]

The money shot$$$$$$$$$ Not bad for scrap wood from the yard :-/

[​IMG]

This was only the 3rd time I have used my stoker, I am still learning. I can't wait until I get it on a quality pit that can hold temp. This is my stoker log from today's cook. I can't get the twitter feature to work :-/ If I had that I would have noticed my pit never warmed up after adding wood around 4:15 I also don't understand why I don't get a graph of the fan turning on and off and sometimes I lose connection between the computer and the stoker for no apparent reason. I still have fun with it.

[​IMG]