1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Lavalock Temperature Controller on the UDS

Discussion in 'U.D.S. Ugly Drum Smoker' started by Duncan1304, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Here is a video review of the Lavalock te,perture controller on my Ugly Drum Smoker

2. daveomak

daveomak Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

How did you build your fire ??? How did you hook up the fan etc....

3. I place a one gallon can, open on both ends, in the center of my fire basket. I fill the fire basket with charcoal around the empty can. I then fill my charcoal chimney with charcoal and light it. When the charcoal in chimney is ash over I pour it inside the empty can in the center of the fire basket and then pull the can out leaving the lit charcoal in the fire basket. then place the fire basket in my UDS and it's ready to go.

4. daveomak

daveomak Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thanks...

5. I'm sorry I missed the second part of the question. The fan is easy to hook up, it comes with several mounting plates for the UDS and depending on which intakes you use just pick the plate that fits your UDS intake and put it on. Then mount place the blower base on it and your fan just slides into it. It's really easy took about 10 minutes to hook it up on mine. Some people drill a hole in the side of the barrel just above the lower lip to mount the blower adapter permanently, but I just used one of the adapter plates on mine.