Late Sunday q-view: Mini-meatloaf smoke fest!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pacnwsteve

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Western Washington State
I know it's late for the rest of the country, but for those of you that are still awake thinking about food...

I have a recipe for "mini-meatloves" that we do often that we got from a B & B in Oregon a few years back that did dinner for us. We loved it and have been making it ever since. Today, I tried it on the ECB and man it was good! Here is the q-view. Recipe is for 8. There is just the two of us, but we love the leftovers during the week. We also did some local sweet corn and swiss chard from the garden:

Ready for the smoker!

Getting going:

Done:

Now that's some good lookin' meatloaf! I can almost taste it. I am also a big fan of leftovers.

I really like the mini meat loafs. I purchased a mini bread pan for making my mini meat loafs. Each one weighs about a 1lb a piece. Great looking meat loafs to.

so............whats in em?..........what temps did you smoke at? to what internals?.......type of wood?.........sauce used there at the end?

MAN you leaving out a TON of details dude...............

That's my question also where is the reciepe,
PS to Texas-Hunter I made your peanut butter pie and it was a real HIT!!

Looks awesome post the recipe if you can!!

Here is the recipe: I improvise a bit (usually 2 lbs chuck, 1 lb ground pork), but smoked until the internal temp was 155, consistent with the recipe. It took just over two hours on the ECB .

For the sauce, I make it up, but the recipe sauce is great. I do ketchup
, Worcestershire, some honey, a bit of sugar and some hot sauce. I sauced the loafs with about 30 minutes to go. I also dusted a bit of rub on them for smoking.

The B & B is the "Cricketwood" in Bend OR, a great place to stay. Lot's of great recipes, including this on on their website.
[size=+1]

[/size]
MINI MEAT LOAVES
Serves 8

2 1/2 cups FINELY chopped onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 granny smith apple, peeled and grated or minced
1 carrot, chopped finely (I throw large pieces of all the above in a food processor with the chopping blade and let the processor do all the work)
2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1 1/4 pounds ground chuck
1 pound ground pork
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
1 cup fine, fresh bread crumbs (I make in food processor with following parsley)
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
SAUCE:
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
In a large heavy skillet cook onion, garlic, apple and carrot in butter, stirring, until carrot is tender. Stir in salt, pepper, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce and 1/3 cup of ketchup and cook 1 minute. In a large bowl, combine well vegetables, meats, bread crumbs, eggs and parsley. Form into 8 individual meat loaves and place the loaves in a 9 X 13 baking dish. In a separate bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and coat the top of each loaf. Bake 350 until meat thermometer reads 155 degrees (about 1/2 - 3/4 hour).

mmmmm sounds great and looks good. Love to see the final results. I might even give that a shot next weekend.

Steve, at what temps did you smoke these at........i am doing this atm, smoking at 225, and in less than 45 minutes, i am already up to internals of 130. Dont see this taking lil over 2 hours..........

Awesome recipe!  Cooked these for my wife last night and her response...."These are way better than Mom's!"  I never get that response!  Thanks for the great recipe!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky