Last Weekends Smoke!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigtrain74

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 23, 2009
Springfield, Ma
Attachment 20767

At 06:00 I started my 10lb pork butt... Rubbed down the night before with a mustard coating and some of my favorite rub. I wrapped the baby plastic wrap to seal its pork fat greatness!!!
Attachment 20766

Added some sweet sausages just to try out and they were absolutely delicious!!!
Attachment 20768

Decided to try the smoked bologna seeing as it only would take about 3 hours... I need to mind you all that I cannot stand the taste of bologna but this blew my mind!!! I gave it the mustard coating first then I added a rub that I picked up at a speciality store that had a brownsugar base to it. I think that choice was one of the best I made in a long time!
Attachment 20769

I took the finished butt off around 21:00 where I put it in foil and put it in the oven (Not turned on) and let it sit for a good 45 minuets. Pulled the baby and enjoyed it carolina style with my coleslaw. I unfortunatly made the slaw a little too creamy, but lets be real now... I think were all a little better at the meat rather then the veggies!
Attachment 20770
a9a5907c_vbattach20767.jpg

11329c71_vbattach20768.jpg

faa87dd1_vbattach20769.jpg

c251f7be_vbattach20770.jpg

1aa19017_vbattach20766.jpg

Congrats on a nice smoke!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky