Last week we smoked some Blue fish...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coma44

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Greenfield Massachusetts
Wish I had taken some pictures but the cell phone was not with me at the time. But this batch came out the best yet for Blue fish.

10 QT. cold water

1 3/4 cups soy sauce

1 1/2 cups kosher salt

5 TBSP chef Paul's Seafood magic

2 TBSP onion powder

1 TBSP garlic powder

2 TBSP black pepper

1/2 cup worchershire sauce

1 1/2 lb brown sugar

2 lbs honey

Bring to a boil and allow to cool to 38 deg.

add

4 good size blues ( about the max for my smoker) cleaned and filleted. This gave me about 5 pcs per rack.

Soak fillets in the brine for 14 to 24 hours (we did 16 ish) try to keep it at 36 to 38 deg.

Pull fillets out and allow to dry in the frigde. Coat all the fillets with the same spices as was used in the brine to taste.

place in pre heated smoker at 250 deg with medium smoke for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. (thick fillets took longer)

I used apple wood and hickory mixed and added both each time think it was three times during smoking. thick fillets were at 160 deg temp when pulled.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky