Last smoke of the year!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
Most likely the last smoke of the year after this work gets crazy! Got a pork butt about seven lbs. planning on burnt ends with it.

I am watching.

I hate when work get in the way of cooking.

Also split a rack of BB ribs. One with our Memphis style rub, like the butt. The other with an all puprise rub from Jack Stack, I bought some mail order que before I started doing my own.

Planning on firing up the WSM with pecan and cherry with KBB. Here's a pic of the other half a rack. I only seem to be able to load one pic at a time using an iPhone it may just be user error!

Last smoke of the year?!? Man, you'd have to shoot me now if I was told that!

However, if it's the last, make it a good one! Looks like you're well on the way...

Yes it's sad but the good news is in jan/ feb a friend and I are going to work on some different rubs and won't have to pay for it since its for work.

That's too bad about this being your last of the Season . I enjoy "Queing" all year and guaranteed my chances of doing it by building a Q-Bana ... now all I need do is make it through the back yard to the Smoker . . .

staple cheap plastic to it and you're warm from the Smoker...only thing outside is a FB and it melts anything on it...

I smoke in my garage, I just leave the door open. I'm sure in January there will be more good times on the smoker! I want to fire up some more briskets among other tasty treats.

Still a whole month to go before the end! Our Christmas turkey is usually one of the last times the smoker gets lit each year here - unless we are entertaining New Years Eve.

I plan to keep smoking throughout the winter. I keep finding new recipes to do. Although the grill is put away. Ham for Xmas, Canadian bacon, salmon to snack on for Xmas and new years. more beef jerky we can't forget kielbasa for new years.

IF YOUR WORK GETS IN FRONT OF YOUR SMOKING, YOUR WORKING A LITTLE TO HARD,,,,,,,
yahoo.gif

If I don't pay the bills there will be no smoke! So day started poorly someone stole the guts to my WSM!?!? I toss them in a plastic tote to clean them and the waterbowl at work I saw a lid that looks like mine down the street but haven't found any other parts:(. Bought some new grates will have to use one for a water pan for now,time to get this show on th road!

b-one, you said after this last smoke things get busy. Your not the man in the Big Red Suit and white beard are you?

Smokin Monkey [emoji]133660013031[/emoji]

Yes, Winter is a b!^ch when it comes to smoking. That's why we set my MES up in a room in the shop with a exhaust for the smoke. Now I can do sausage, cheese, and bacon during the cold months. Hope your last smoke is a good one!

Not me but I do snowplow where I work on top of what I already do, but January an
d February are slow months for us so it balances out! Here's a pic 3 hours in wanted to stick the probe in the butt!

Still a whole month to go before the end! Our Christmas turkey is usually one of the last times the smoker gets lit each year here - unless we are entertaining New Years Eve.

Hi Wade, what time on New Years Eve? Do I need to bring a Bottle? :thumb1: :ROTF

Smokin Monkey [emoji]133660013031[/emoji]

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky