Last minute smoked chx thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fowldarr

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Oregon Coast
Well, I have been playing bachelor for the better part of the week, but the wife and kids will be home tonight, so she tells me about 4 that it would be nice if they had food when the got home (5hour lead time=last minute in smoking time)

So I threw some boneless thighs together, let them brine for a couple of hours, threw some rub on them' and Into the smoker, should be done about the time she gets home.

Reactions: disco
Part of the reason I do this is for the community aspect. I always cook too much and he knows it.

They look delicious. I have never done mine in sauce like that. I will have to give it a try.

Disco

They came out ok. I made the mistake of brining for a couple of hours, and the I grabbed some rub I had previously put together that was also salty...so, they were a little salty.

As far as the sauce, it is just a little apple juice and chicken broth, keeps them from drying out. It mixes with the rub, and works pretty well, especially if you didn't have some significant brining time

That's part of the fun of Smoking . . . lure the neighbors in with the smell of Q.
yahoo.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky