Lasagna Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawyerrt10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
Lynchburg SC
Well, I know is not a Fattie in the truest sense of the word, but it was delicious. I used Italian Sausage, Procutto, Lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, mozzerella and parmesan cheese. Qview will be up shortly.

Ok here we go with the QVIEW..
The Cheeses

The meats

The noodles and sauce

Construction
a layer of mozerella

lasagna noodles

marinara sauce

mozerella cheese

riccotta cheese

parmasan cheese

Wrapped up tight

Hot off the smoker

First cut

The plate up

WOW. That is a thing of beauty! Origional too!
points.gif

It looks great, and absolutely does qualify as a true fattie. You have your sausage rolled flat, you put stuff on it, you rolled your sausage back up, you wrapped it in bacon (optional, and prosciutto counts as bacon), and finally smoked to perfection. What more could anyone ask for?

Watching your build I was thinking you need more marinara between your cheese layers, but I see you have that covered for the next one.

That fattie looks great!! Awesome qview also. I am gonna have to try that one. I like the idea of the procitto (sp) as opposed to bacon all the time, a lot more expensive though!!
Jeff
points.gif

Now this is brilliant! We need a emoticon that drools a puddle for this forum for posts like this.
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky