Lang 48 mod plan. 430 more sq inches

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 13, 2008
South Louisiana
The upper rack stand with legs on my Lang always bugged me. The legs get in the way more times than not and I came to the point I hardly used that feature because of that.

I came across 3 heavy bakers racks that are 24x9x5 in good shape and had an idea. I plan on running 2 horizontal struts front to back at upper rack level in my Lang and then welding 4 corner hooks on each basket to hang from these struts. They would be removable and slide on the round stock I have for the struts. Just lift and remove the baskets when wanted. I am using a old Shepard’s hook for the strut stock and then weld the large hook itself on the Lang for a Lantern or whatever. Pics of the baskets below.

Since just 2 will fit front to back in the Lang I increase my capacity by about 430 square inches if the math is correct. Any suggestions welcomed! These cost me 10 bucks each and the Shepards hook for stock I have.

Sounds like a plan you know I like those sliding racks!!

Great idea Rick.. I have that same lang and would love to see pics when u get it completed!! Thanks .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky