Landjaeger Press

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Been waiting for those....Looks delicious as I expected..................

NEPAS,

How do you get 60-70% Humidity?

In a small closed room?----Basement?

I run a pretty decent humidifier in my kitchen 24/7 (on low) all Winter, and I average about 37%.

I think if I got it up to even 50%, the water would be running down my windows.

Thanks,

Bear

NEPAS,

I run a pretty decent humidifier in my kitchen 24/7 (on low) all Winter, and I average about 37%.

Thanks,

Bear
I put my humidifier on the floor and blow up to the sausage. I can get to 68-70% R/H until the furnace kicks on then i have to pump the humi to high.

NEPAS,

Thanks,

Bear

Bear

Sorry to get off topic here but you might like these pics.

This past Nov i drove to Calif to visit my mom and sis. A few days there was all i needed so i drove up to Oregon to visit friends. I ate at this diner called the Bear.

3dfea1c6_IMAG0058.jpg

f59a92a4_IMAG0059.jpg

6bfb3f0e_IMAG0061-1.jpg

I have a hard time just MAKING sausage and you two are talking why they should be flat.  Too funny.  I would like to see more about that fancy shmancy water stuffer posted...
rolleyes.gif

Looks very good anyway, well done.

Some pics of my fancy shmancy stuffer
icon_eek.gif

2 is the wooden base the main tube sits on.

3 is the machined piston

6 is the machined bulk head

8 is the machined coupler for the nozzle tubes.

6bfd85de_100_6780-Copy.jpg

2349a669_DSC00532.jpg

The mounted main tube will hold just a bit over 5lbs. The larger tube is 10 lbs

e6c6c61d_DSC00533.jpg

Cool Bears,

The style looks familiar.

Many carvers are easy to recognize by their style.

This guy uses a sander as much as a chainsaw, and they all have the same comical face.

I can't place them, but I know I've seen that guys work before.

Thanks for showing,

Bear

I put my humidifier on the floor and blow up to the sausage. I can get to 68-70% R/H until the furnace kicks on then i have to pump the humi to high.
OK---Now I got it---You're putting the humidifier real close to the meat.

The meter on my humidifier reads high when it's running, but the one 20 feet away reads in the 30s.

Now I follow you----Thanks.

Bear

Took this pic at 1140am

Getting darker and shrinking and you can really smell the smoke (hope my wife dont kill me) R/H is 68%

15737a84_DSC00113.jpg

My mind is spinning on how to tell the wife I want to make a new toy.  I will have as much fun making that as I will using it.  Those sticks look great, I am sure they taste as good as they look.

Thanks again for the pics.

My wife quit asking about what i'm tinkering with now
wife.gif

Whooo hoooo that sausage looks fantastic!!

Craig

Pic taken at 750 pm est. They got darker.

24fe27ba_landj1.jpg

Got this today to.

Hi Rick,

The pictured landjaeger looks fantastic! Excellent job. Typically you want the landjaeger to lose approximately 40% of its initial weight but nearly all sausage is food safe when it loses 30% of its initial weight (aka. Green Weight).

I'm guessing you didn't weigh the sausages after stuffing... fear not! I don't recall if you said if the sausages were smoked AND cooked to 145 - 152F? If they were cooked, you can hang them in the current environment for 1-2 weeks. If they were smoked but never reached cooked temperature internally, 3-4 weeks. Yes, it is quite a long time and I'm judging by the picture that they were 40-45MM casings, with that thickness it generally takes that long to reduce the water content (which is the weight). The reduced water content inhibits bacterial growth and shouldn't be skipped. They look great and patience here really is a virtue.. be strong! The sausage will develop even more flavor over this span of time and will be amazing. Good luck Rick and wonderful job.

Sincerely,

Miroslaw "Mac" Stanuszek
R & D
The SausageMaker, Inc.

Still got some hang time yet to go.

12:55pm I think i am going to gut the sharp ends from the casings.

6c036af3_DSC00125.jpg

Would love to see a cross section 'money shot' when you try one out. They look fantastic!

Took the lone one on the string and cut into it on Sat.

5aa7855b_lj44.jpg

fd81b06e_lj46.jpg

Have a cold spell going right now and the laundry room where i have them hanging, When the furnace kicks on the Humidity drops.

SO

I have a spare shower room, Sprayed the entire shower down with bleach/water, waited for 3 hours and placed the hanging bar across the top. Have the humidifier on the bottom set to auto and it holding right at 68% R/H.

461b4173_DSC00193.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky