Lamb prosciutto ,(boneless)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I used the Texel DCM-1 culture from Evan. It's a whole muscle curing culture - they say it augments the colour, adds flavour complexity and facilitates nitrate-nitrite conversion.

As said above adds an intense level of taste - even in small amounts. Might not be to everyone's liking.

Other than that...just cure#2, salt. One could add lamb friendly spices, I rarely do with dry cured whole muscle...can't taste them in the final product.

The deboned leg (trimmed) was dry cured in the fridge for 10 days, then tied, colagen casing pulled over. It dried for about 5 weeks.

Last edited:
It appears your weight loss may have been around 35% or so....     I think lamb has an awesome flavor....  I grew up eating it....  I think the flavor explosion you would get from a fermented/dried leg would be waaaaaay over the top and an experience to behold...

AS, looks great sir !
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky