Labor Day weekend meat deals?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

corvettecory

Original poster
Dec 27, 2014
Michigan
Anyone find any "can't pass up" deals on meat for the weekend? Got my new offset all seasoned and ready to go for its first cook. I really don't want to spend big $ on a packer brisket since this is my first run on this smoker (although I may do it anyway). Any good deals out there on brisket, pork butt, ribs? (I'm in Michigan)

Last edited:
Don't know about Michigan sadly.

Our local store is running bone in ribeyes for $5.98 a pound and bone in pork sirloin chops for $1 a pound. I'll be stocking up on both.

Our local Sams Club is running whole choice brisket for $3.88/lb, but that's not making get up and run out the door...

Just picked up a 12# select packer from restaurant depot for $2.69#
And a 14# boneless PR for $8.49#.

Brisket is this weekends smoke, and the PR is next weekends.:drool

Local Giant grocery stores here in MD/DC have whole beef brisket for 1.99 lb,  I dug through the bin and pulled out a 7lb that was quite even throughout, went back yesterday to grab another but there was nothing less than 17 pounders at my local store.  saw a 20 pounder that looked real nice but thought no because  it'd take too long to smoke. so I passed.

Local Giant grocery stores here in MD/DC have whole beef brisket for 1.99 lb,  I dug through the bin and pulled out a 7lb that was quite even throughout, went back yesterday to grab another but there was nothing less than 17 pounders at my local store.  saw a 20 pounder that looked real nice but thought no because  it'd take too long to smoke. so I passed.

I soooo want to do a 20#er. Just to say I did one. Lol. Plus it's a good excuse to have a party..

. That's the kind of deal I'm searching for. Nothing yet around here though that I can find...

I just bought two bags of Tri tips $160 and change or $3.99# not to bad from GFS at 28th street in Cascade.Thumbs Up

I'm not sure it was a Labor Day deal, but the local Costco has full Prime briskets for $2.89/lb - and trimmed flats (choice) for $4.59...I definitely consider the whole brisket a steal (comparatively).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky