Labor Day St. Louis Ribs with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mnsmokeman

Original poster
Jul 26, 2013
Maplewood, MInnesota
So today was Labor Day and to celebrate I decided to smoke some ribs. Usually I think ahead a day or two and have a nice rack rubbed and ready in the fridge overnight. But remember this is Labor Day, and I am suppose to relax and take it easy, so I sent the wife to the store (she will never turn down a chance to shop) to pick up a slab of ribs. She returned 2 hours later with a nice slab of St. Louis Cut Ribs and said "don't overcook them like last time". I admit, I may have left the ribs in the foil a bit too long last time (two hours) so I decided I would try skipping that step this time.

A simple dry rub of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic salt and sweet paprika and into the pellet smoker they went. I used a mix of hickory/oak/cherry pellets and set the temp to 225 degrees. After 2 hours I turned the temp up to 250 degrees. Two hours later I turned it up to 275 degrees and brushed them with my home made cherry cola BBQ sauce. After 30 minutes I added a couple ears of Minnesota Sweet Corn and brushed the ribs with a little more sauce. After 30 more minutes dinner was ready! The ribs were tender, but not falling off the bone tender, they still had a bit of bite to them...just the way my wife likes them! Five hours from start to finish, no overnight rub or foil needed. 

Those look great to me, nice job!

I've found myself asking my friends and family "how do you like them? Wet/dry? Mild/spicy? Fall off the bone/mild tug with a nice bite?.... Each person asked has a different reply!

Me personally? I like just about all of them
beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky