Labor Day 2021 Throwdown Voting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which one has your vote

• 1) Smoked Sweet and Sour Pork Belly Mini Pies, Pineapple and Pork rice, with seared Pork Belly strip

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • 2) Smoked baby backs with a side of pork belly burnt ends.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 3) Slices and cubes from a smoked pork butt along with a jalapeno/cheddar sausage, Asian coleslaw, p

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • 4) Smoked pork loin rolled with apple butter, sliced apples and sharp cheddar with roasted red potat

• 5) Smoked Sausage and Chicken Killer Gumbo.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • 6) Cherry wood Smoked weet heat keto rubbed St Louis cut spare ribs, KetoQ Cowboy beans loaded with

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • 7) Danish cut baby back ribs, smoked with apple and hickory. Sliced Fuji apples smoke roasted with t

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 8) Classic hickory, cherry, and oak smoked pork butt pulled and nestled onto a Hawaiian sweet bun to

• 9) Smoked Pork Chile Verde Tacos on fresh made corn tortillas with a little more chile verde, fresh

• 10) Marinated Pork Cordon Bleu Pinwheel with Garlic parmesan butter sous vide corn on the cob and Ga

• 11) Baby back ribs with chimichurri, smoked jalapeno-bacon mac & cheese balls, and a grilled corn/el

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • 12) Pork tenderloin, butter injected, marinated in apple cider, cider vinegar, honey, and fresh herb

• 13) Smoked burger patty stuffed with cheddar and topped with havarti cheese, re-smoked dinner cut ba

• 14) ham steak pulled pork Sage sausage patty smoked sausage link sliced pork butt and thick bacon. A

• 15) Crown baby back ribs, wrapped around a onion stuffed with Spanish rice. Al Pastor chicken taco w

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to thank all that entered. You folks put on a good show and I am sure that others will appreciate it. Good luck all.

1) Smoked Sweet and Sour Pork Belly Mini Pies, Pineapple and Pork rice, with seared Pork Belly strips on Snow Peas and Smoked Bacon Cheese Apple Cinnamon Donuts.
TD1.JPG

2) Smoked baby backs with a side of pork belly burnt ends.
TD2.jpeg

3) Slices and cubes from a smoked pork butt along with a jalapeno/cheddar sausage, Asian coleslaw, potato salad, pinto beans, grilled sweet corn, homemade dill pickles, and
freshly baked sourdough ciabatta bread.
TD3.jpg

4) Smoked pork loin rolled with apple butter, sliced apples and sharp cheddar with roasted red potato salad, slaw, applesauce, green onions and smoked bacon “bites”
TD4.jpg

5) Smoked Sausage and Chicken Killer Gumbo.
TD5.jpg

6) Cherry wood Smoked weet heat keto rubbed St Louis cut spare ribs, KetoQ Cowboy beans loaded with bacon and ground pork and lastly whopper ABT’s stuffed with a mix of hot sausage , cheddar and cream cheese bar out course wrapped in bacon.
TD6.jpg

7) Danish cut baby back ribs, smoked with apple and hickory. Sliced Fuji apples smoke roasted with turbinado sugar, cored with Brie cheese. Ham hock collard greens, and skillet cornbread
TD7.jpg

8) Classic hickory, cherry, and oak smoked pork butt pulled and nestled onto a Hawaiian sweet bun topped with traditional coleslaw and a touch of barbecue sauce. Paired with “porken” drumsticks. Bacon wrapped pterodactyl legs and my wife's homemade barbecue beans, macaroni salad, and deviled eggs.
TD8.jpeg

9) Smoked Pork Chile Verde Tacos on fresh made corn tortillas with a little more chile verde, fresh chopped onion, cilantro and a squirt of lime and served on a Chile-Corn Salad
TD9.jpg

10) Marinated Pork Cordon Bleu Pinwheel with Garlic parmesan butter sous vide corn on the cob and Garlic mashed potatoes with garlic parmesan butter.
TD10.jpg

11) Baby back ribs with chimichurri, smoked jalapeno-bacon mac & cheese balls, and a grilled corn/elotes salad.
TD11.jpg

12) Pork tenderloin, butter injected, marinated in apple cider, cider vinegar, honey, and fresh herbs, Jalapeño/cheddar link slices , 100 year-old cast iron cornbread, BBQ beans with smoked brisket, broiled littleneck clams, block of cream cheese that had been coated in Everything Bagel seasoning, Served with bagel chips and Caprese salad.
TD12.jpeg

13) Smoked burger patty stuffed with cheddar and topped with havarti cheese, re-smoked dinner cut bacon, pulled pork, barbecue sauce, and cole slaw, on a brioche bun. Baked beans with grilled poblano peppers and re-smoked dinner cut bacon-Corn on the cob with homemade smoked herb butter-Corn bread with imbedded pulled pork, homemade smoked buttermilk, and topped with homemade smoked herb butter
TD13.jpg

14) ham steak pulled pork Sage sausage patty smoked sausage link sliced pork butt and thick bacon. Also pickles and cheese Fry's
TD14.jpg

Lastly we have an entry that doesn't have the code word and so can't be eligible for Judges choice. The user also posted a thread about it that has been removed. Im including it because I didn't respond to him fast enough so he posted it on here. If you feel its that good and deserves a vote over the other entries you can vote on it for viewers choice.

15) Crown baby back ribs, wrapped around a onion stuffed with Spanish rice. Al Pastor chicken taco with cabbage vinegar slaw, charro beans with mozzarella tomato and avocado shrimp salad.

TD13 Not eligible..jpeg

We do have prizes so the winners will be contacted by me. Voting will be open for 7 days. Good luck all.

Brian

Last edited:
Hold tight I have to add a few that were missed. Ill reset the voting so if you voted already you will have to do it again.

OK we are open for business. Sorry for missing 2 entries but I have included everything I have now and have triple checked email and pm's so if you don't see yours let me know.

Reactions: jcam222
All Y'all put me to shame. I'm doing good if I can ace the main dish. Forget about all those great looking sides and the time and effort put into the presentation. I'm not worthy.

I may not vote. Several are 10's. Don't know that I can pick just one.

Reactions: 912smoker
I gotta say, I've seen a lot of these Throw-Downs in the 12 years I've been here, but I can't remember seeing a better bunch of meals than the ones on here today!!
Congrats to All !!!

Bear

Reactions: forktender
Wow!

Some strong showings on this throwdown. I had a rough time picking between two of them. Could have went either way. Also tough looking at them all when I’m hungry. Great job boys.

Scott

WOW!! Some outstanding food across the board. One thing is for sure: there are no losers. Every one of those meals is a winner. Great work everybody!!

Robert

Agree with all above. Everything looks fantastic! Congrats to you all, great work all around.

Strong work to everyone that that played the game.
There were some super impressive plates.

Wow! Every one of those looked amazing, the code word was a perfect theme! Great job everyone!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky