Kookie's Seasoning Mix/Rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kookie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 27, 2007
Mandan North Dakota
Well I was inspired this weekend by the posts here about making and mixing your own seasonings or rubs. I am not sure if this would be a rub or just a seasoning. So I will let you decide. I just tried it tonight on a chicken breast made in the oven. And I will have to say it was mighty tasty. I made this mix fairly even, because I wasn't sure how hot it would be. It's not overly hot, but has a nice little kick. Its a good starting point I think.

Here is the recipe for anyone that wants it.....

Kookie's Seasoning Mix/Rub

3TSP- Cayenne Pepper (Encore Brand)
3TSP- Cajun Spice (Encore Brand)
3TSP- Lemon & Pepper Seasoning (Walmart Brand)
3TSP- Garlic Salt (Encore Brand)
3TSP- Table Salt (whatever I have)
3TSP- Ground Black Pepper (whatever I have)
3TSP- Mexican Chili Powder (Encore Brand)
3TSP- Steak Seasoning (Encore Brand)
3TSP- Seasoning Salt (Encore Brand)
3TSP- French Fry Seasoning (Encore Brand)
3TSP- Minced Onion (Spice Supreme Brand)
3TSP- Course Ground Blend Pepper (Bulk and ground in hand grinder, course)

Mix all together. Does 3/4's of a cup.

I put mine in an empty spice shaker bottle. The patch filled one bottle.

This was made from spices and seasonings that I had in my house that I normally use on most everything I make and thats what me try making this mix. Most of my spices are Encore Brand from Big Lots. Let me know what you guys think.

Kookie

Thanks Richtee, I forgot to put them on. I had them on the one I wrote up on paper. Brain fart.
I have added them now. I am not sure if the brand I used is a common brand or not. I got the Encore brand at Big Lots and the Spice Supreme brand came from Super Value store. Hope that helps. Thanks again for editing for me.

Kookie

Sound's like clean out the pantry seasoning!!
eek.gif
cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky